Email: How to Set an Out of Office Message on a Shared Mailbox
Here are instructions for setting an out of office message on a departmental shared mailbox.
- Log in to your personal Office 365 account at www.office.com.
- Enter your Network ID and password to sign in to your account.
- Click on Inbox.
- In the upper right hand corner, click on the icon next to
- This should open a drop down window where you can select the option to Open another Mailbox.
- Type in the exact mailbox name or choose to search the directory to find your shared mailbox.
- Once you click Open, you should see a new browser window open and you will now be looking at the Inbox for the shared mailbox.
- Now you are able to click on the icon in the upper right hand corner of the window and select Automatic Replies.
- You are now able to draft the out of office message for this mailbox. Be sure to click Ok to save your changes once you are finished.